What Exactly is a Dental Implant?
Do you have a missing tooth? Is it making you conscious of your appearance? You need not worry as the dental implant is here to replace the missing tooth. Whether the tooth is missing because of facial trauma, sports injury, periodontal complication, or poor oral hygiene routine, the dental implant will fill the gap permanently along with boosting your confidence, says dentist in SW Calgary.
Here’s a Look at Few Things to Known about Dental Implants:
- Dental implants are a replacement of your missing tooth. They work as anchors for crowns, bridges, and dentures and are screwed in the jaw bone for offering support to the replacement teeth. A surgical procedure is performed for inserting them to the jawbone beneath the gum line.
- According to dentist in Calgary, dental implants look similar to screws. Once they are placed in the jaw bone, they will naturally bond with the natural bone for offering a strong base to the artificial teeth.
- The dental implant procedure is one of the safest surgeries performed in the dental industry.
- Dental implants can be the next best thing to your natural and healthy tooth once you lose it, says dentist near Downtown Calgary.
- The dental implants procedure is affected by the dental health of the patient. The patient needs healthy tissue in mouth along with enough jaw bone for supporting the dental implants.
- Once the dental implant procedure is performed, it becomes essential to take care of the implants. Just like you took care of your natural teeth by brushing and flossing, you need to keep the implants clean too. It is said that any decay and infection spreads faster in implants than natural tooth as there is no defence mechanism that natural tooth has. Having a proper oral routine will help in maintaining the implants in the long run.
The dentist near you can guide you on how to take care of the implants and prevent infection and decay from build up of plaque on them. Schedule an appointment with your dentist to get more information on implants.