Your oral health is a key factor in your overall health. It is important for you to continue taking care of your teeth and gums. This is a series of emails that we are creating to keep you informed about all of the enhanced measures we are taking to ensure your safety and wellbeing in our clinic.
Rest Assured Update 1:
Very thorough 3 step screening system implemented.
Before booking anyone into our schedule, we do a very thorough pre-screening that consists of anywhere between 9-20 questions. You can see a version of our pre-screening questions on our website https://solaradentalcare.com/patient-forms/
Once a patient has a reserved appointment time scheduled, a second screening takes place just prior their appointment. The pre-screening form is sent through our automated reminder system and if it is not filled out and submitted back to us, one of our team members call to go through the questions personally. This ensures that everyone is pre-screened just prior to coming in for their appointments. All patients are reminded every time we contact them that if at ANY point they develop symptoms, even just before their appointment time, we ask that they call us to reschedule their appointment time. It will be scheduled out at least 14 days to make sure that they are symptom free. We are not charging any cancellation or change fees at this time. We are encouraging people to feel free to change their appointments if they have any COVID related symptoms to ensure that only healthy people come into the clinic.
Upon arrival, we screen patients with a temperature check and consent form at the front reception desk. Any patients that have any symptoms will be rescheduled as we will not see any patients experiencing any COVID-19 like symptoms. There will be no cancellation or re-scheduling fees applied at this time.
In our next email we will be sharing all of the steps that we have patients take upon arrival to our clinic. Until next time, be happy and be well.
We are pleased to announce that we are open now to help you take care of your health and wellbeing.
We hope you and your family have all been happy and healthy throughout this staycation.
We are looking forward to seeing you again and want to share with you the changes we have implemented to ensure your safety and the safety of our team.
• All patients will be asked COVID-19 pre-screening questions on the phone at the time of appointment booking.
• We are asking all patients to wear a mask to enter the clinic. (If you don’t have one, we will supply you with one upon arrival)
• Upon entrance to the clinic we will ask you to go directly to the washroom and wash your hands
• Then you will come to the front desk to have your temperature taken and fill out a pre-screening and consent form
• We will be minimizing your wait time in the reception area and maintaining physical distancing
• We have removed all magazines, coffee and water machines to minimize touch points.
• You will notice we will look different than prior to this pandemic. We are wearing the Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) that we are mandated to wear by the Alberta Dental Association and Alberta Hygiene Association. We hope we are still smiling big enough for you to recognize us under our PPE.
• We are wiping down all spaces, including chairs, door handles, countertops and any other touch points regularly.
• We are also booking more time for appointments so we have time to do all of the cleaning necessary in between patients.
In the clinic we are following even more stringent protocols to ensure that we all stay healthy and well.
We will be reaching out to those of you who have had your appointments pre-booked, cancelled or changed or are due for your next appointment. But please don’t wait for us. We are very busy working to make sure we are taking care of everyone. Give us a call at 403-266-6868 if you would like to book an appointment sooner.
Currently our hours are Mon-Thursday 7:30am – 4:30pm, Friday 8:00am-3:30pm
Thank you for your continued support. We look forward to seeing you soon.
Dr Steve Petryk and our whole team at Solara Dental Care